::TIPS::
1. If you use the foam hand soaps, save the pumps and reuse them for things like children's body wash. Do this by refilling the pump a third of the way full with your favorite body wash and fill the remaining with water. Shake it up a little and you have foam soap. You can also do this wish your favorite hand soap or dish soap.
2. Hair detangler is a MUST around our house, to cut down on the cost, you can fill your own bottle with 1 part conditioner to 10 parts water. Mix well and pour into your spray bottle. This is great and you can use the same conditioner that you wash their hair with, so you don't get that mix of "smell" in their hair from using 2 different products - yes, I hate that.
3. Use a mesh laundry bag to store bath toys. It can be hung in the tub and the holes in the mesh allow for drainage. I purchased 3 lingerie mesh bags (the ones with zippers) at a local dollar store. Keeping different toys in each one allows McKayla to sort as well as making it easy for me to switch out every now and then.
4. It sounds stupid, but WASH your shower curtain liner and any bath toys together. I put them in my dishwasher on a low cycle. This will increase the lifespan of your liner and toys as well as eliminating bacteria.
5. Also, put brushes and combs in side of a pillow case-after removing any excess hair (I purchased a separate pillow case just for this purpose on a clearance rack for 25 cents) and wash in your washing machine. Wash on a delicate cycle-I found this out the hard way, without soap. This removes a lot of things that can build up on your hair accessories. Headbands, non metal hair clips, etc can be treated the same way. This is great if someone in your household has had lice and you don't want to purchase all new items. Just wash on warm to hot water.
6. Right now, we have linoleum flooring in our bathroom. Now that McKayla is older, she likes to be a little more independent about getting herself out of the tub. To reduce mess, I place a towel on the floor for her to stand on, we plan on putting in tile soon, so I realized that slippage may be an issue. I found that either a piece of the foamy-time shelf liner or a tub mat (the kind you put on the bottom of the tub as to not slip) underneath the towel does wonders!
So, 6 tips today sounds pretty good. I'll try to keep them all pretty "theme" related as well. That way, it doesn't seem like I'm random all the time. Sorry, I just put things down as they come to my mind...which can be a little weird for others to justify. If you have any tips, I'd be glad to hear them! You can keep to topic or post anything you like, I'd be glad to also mention any tips in future posts as well!
Happy Bathing!
1. If you use the foam hand soaps, save the pumps and reuse them for things like children's body wash. Do this by refilling the pump a third of the way full with your favorite body wash and fill the remaining with water. Shake it up a little and you have foam soap. You can also do this wish your favorite hand soap or dish soap.
2. Hair detangler is a MUST around our house, to cut down on the cost, you can fill your own bottle with 1 part conditioner to 10 parts water. Mix well and pour into your spray bottle. This is great and you can use the same conditioner that you wash their hair with, so you don't get that mix of "smell" in their hair from using 2 different products - yes, I hate that.
3. Use a mesh laundry bag to store bath toys. It can be hung in the tub and the holes in the mesh allow for drainage. I purchased 3 lingerie mesh bags (the ones with zippers) at a local dollar store. Keeping different toys in each one allows McKayla to sort as well as making it easy for me to switch out every now and then.
4. It sounds stupid, but WASH your shower curtain liner and any bath toys together. I put them in my dishwasher on a low cycle. This will increase the lifespan of your liner and toys as well as eliminating bacteria.
5. Also, put brushes and combs in side of a pillow case-after removing any excess hair (I purchased a separate pillow case just for this purpose on a clearance rack for 25 cents) and wash in your washing machine. Wash on a delicate cycle-I found this out the hard way, without soap. This removes a lot of things that can build up on your hair accessories. Headbands, non metal hair clips, etc can be treated the same way. This is great if someone in your household has had lice and you don't want to purchase all new items. Just wash on warm to hot water.
6. Right now, we have linoleum flooring in our bathroom. Now that McKayla is older, she likes to be a little more independent about getting herself out of the tub. To reduce mess, I place a towel on the floor for her to stand on, we plan on putting in tile soon, so I realized that slippage may be an issue. I found that either a piece of the foamy-time shelf liner or a tub mat (the kind you put on the bottom of the tub as to not slip) underneath the towel does wonders!
So, 6 tips today sounds pretty good. I'll try to keep them all pretty "theme" related as well. That way, it doesn't seem like I'm random all the time. Sorry, I just put things down as they come to my mind...which can be a little weird for others to justify. If you have any tips, I'd be glad to hear them! You can keep to topic or post anything you like, I'd be glad to also mention any tips in future posts as well!
Happy Bathing!






No comments:
Post a Comment